1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me find the portion of the "contract" with D*...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by syphix, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    ...that says that if I give back the equipment, then I'm free of any cancellation fee's?? I've had two-three people say that this is the case, but I can't seem to find a copy of the "contract" to even look it up.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    The current contract dosen't have that option. Because you are leasing the Equipment it belongs to Directv and must be returned and you still owe the penalty..:(

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    ISnt it something to the effect that you would owe a pro-rated fee based on the time remaining in your 12 or 24 month commitment? But of course now that most new custoemrs will have all leased gear, they will have to return all the gear in reasonable condition to even get to that point...

4. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I think the pre-lease agreement just says you commit to XX months of service. If you cancel before that service term they "can" charge you the basic monthly amount for those months. If they wish to "work you a deal" they can say pay $xxx and send your equipment back. Hoping the $xxx amount is less than basic monthly for the remaining months.

5. kay

kay AllStar

Nov 27, 2005
    The cancellation fee is based on months left I think

6. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    ------------
    See PDF...........

7. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    The bottom of page 1 "Consequences of your failure to activate programming or satisfy your programming commitment" is the section regarding penalties.

8. hiker

hiker Icon

Mar 1, 2006
    This might be easier to read and understand than the lease agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.