1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone please briefly explain echostar

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Cricketics, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cricketics

Cricketics New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    as the title reads, can someone please briefly explain me the echostar thing.

what is the discussion going on and those sticky thread for echostar.

like i see a thread namely "echostar 11 launched"

now what is that. please someone briefly tell me is it the echostar sling box or something

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Echostar is the original corporate name for the company that is now DISH Network.

"Echostar 11" is DISH Network's latest satellite that just reached it's planned orbital location on Thursday night. It will be used as a replacement for "Echostar 8" which will be moved somewhere else.

3. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    to put it simply, Echostar is the hardware (Satellites in the air, Box next to your tv, Dish outside on your house), Dish Network provides you with the programming (the stuff you see when you turn on your tv).

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Slight correction Echosphere was the original corporate name and that was changed to Echostar with Echosphere becoming one of the corporate divisions.:)

5. Cricketics

Cricketics New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    thanks for the info guys

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You might also try goggle searches for Echosphere Corp./Echostar Corp. and DISH Network. There should be lots of information to sort through.

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From Wikipedia:
    That contains most everything you'll need to know about the companies. Before the company split, on this forum everything Dish Network used to be referred to as E* and DirecTV was referred to as D*.

8. raylock

raylock Cool Member

Feb 3, 2006
    I always wondered how they move these things around. I am guessing, it only takes a little fuel to start it in motion and a little to stop it. But actually, I have no clue:) Are these major moves or just short distances?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.