1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

can the dtv android app control 16 boxes?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by thecookiemonstor, Apr 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. thecookiemonstor

thecookiemonstor New Member

Apr 27, 2013
    here
    i am doing some research. i have 16 h25 hd boxes hooked to a swim 16 module. if i add a deca for network access will it allow the app to control the boxes. also will swm 16 bridge bothsides of the switch? thanks in advance

2. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    The android app doesn't "control" any boxes, it is for scheduling recordings and watching on demand content.Can it see all of the DVRs you would want to record too? Yes. The iPad app does control the what is on your network, will it see all 16? I assume so but only have three myself.

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    My android app has a "Remote" option in the bar across the top that controls both my DVRs. I would assume each of your networked units would have its own unique IP in your LAN such that the app can control it.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    an iPad in "commercial" mode would be what you are looking for.

1 person likes this.
  5. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    The app I have on my Galaxy s2 that is provided by D* doesn't have that capability, I do have a third party app called DirecTV Remote by Wired DFW that does control my 3 DVRs. Be curious to know that the app you have is actually from D* and if so why mine doesn't do this. I'd love to have all the functionality of the iPad app on my Android.

6. mikek

mikek Godfather

May 17, 2007
    Yes the app is from directv. It is designed for larger tablets so it won't show up on the play store for phones or small tablets. I have it sideloaded on my 7 inch tablet and it is great. Much better than the DFW app.

1 person likes this.
  7. mikek

mikek Godfather

May 17, 2007
    Can it control 16 boxes? I think it would get bogged down trying to get a unified playlist.

8. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Yeah, I'm on as 7" Acer Iconia A110. Until you mentioned it, I forgot that I had to side load it.

Search for "DIRECTV for Tablets" on googleplay.

9. SkyHunterSky

SkyHunterSky New Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Louisville
    You can control the irds from your android app for tablets but not from android cellphone directv app the tablet app itt does have a remote like the ipad app. Keep in mind every system has 16 moca nodes so you should have no issues !!!!