1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can they actually survive?

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by Diatheke, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Diatheke

Diatheke New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I see I'm a little late to the party, I too have been a Sky Angel lifetime subscriber since they first started, on one hand I am disappointed about losing the satellite service but on the other hand I got 10 years for $300.00 so how mad can I be?

My personal opinion is that Sky Angel will never make this new business model fly,
    most of these channels offer free streaming over the net anyway and I have serious doubts that this technology will even work plus nearly every channel Sky Angel offers is free on an FTA dish so why not just go that route and get it free?

I have said for years that if I was a monthly Sky Angel subscriber I would cancel and but an FTA dish and get the same programming for free, I guess now I have no choice.

2. Jashobeam

Jashobeam AllStar

Jul 10, 2005
    I think that's why they are adding secular content like the football network.