1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can you change the "FORMAT" from the remote?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jester7677, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jester7677

jester7677 AllStar

Mar 7, 2004
    I have a Sony 4:3 61" projection TV that is capable of HD. I just switched to Direct TV from Dish, but to my surprise there is a glitch. With Dish, the component video would send out 1080i, and the S video would send out 480i. So if I was watching a SD program, I would switch the input on the TV that was being used. Is there any way to switch the format that is being transmitted from the HD Tivo box? I hate how they turn off outputs based on the format button...

I dont want to get up whenever I watch a SD program and hit the format button...

2. jester7677

jester7677 AllStar

Mar 7, 2004
    Nevermind, I figured out how to adjust the settings of the box, and I'm all set now. Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.