1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can you suspend your Dish acount for the summer

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by max1, Mar 11, 2011.

1. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Hey, all, I was wanting to know if you can suspend your Dish account for the summer and then start it up again in the fall. We hardly watch tv in summer. Just wondering max.

2. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi max1, we at Dish Network do offer a Dish Pause service which can be used up to 6 months in a 12 month rolling period. The account will be billed $5.00 while on pause. If there is a commitment on the account, it would pause that as well and the commitment period would not resume till the account is restarted. Please let me know if you need any assistance with this!! Have a good night!

3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Will Dish allow you to keep whatever package or A La Carte you had if it no longer exists when you unpause? (Unless no one is grandfathered from it)

I ask because my In-Laws did a pause with Fios, when they resumed they were forced to get a higher package, because the old one was no longer offered. After I told them to ask, they were specifically told it was not allowed to be grandfathered for people on pause...

4. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Ok thanks Mary, that's nice to know we can do that. I may do that for a few months this summer. Summer is usually a down time for tv so will see.