1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canceling Dish...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Notifier, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2010 #1 of 10
    Notifier

Notifier New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Going to cancel my service with dish. No longer in any contract so not worried about that. My question is, my current bill for the period of 11/3-12/2 is due and I have not paid it yet (due tomorrow actually). Should I pay this bill tonight in full and wit to cancel or call tonight to cancel and try to get the 4 days, I have not paid for yet, prorated? In all honesty, I don't feel like paying the full amount and turning off the service tonight. If they won't prorate it, I"ll wait until the end of the month to call and cancel even though I won't be using their equipment.

2. Nov 6, 2010 #2 of 10
    356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    dishTV has a set procedure for all this stuff, call...tell them what's up and everything will be fine.....

3. Nov 6, 2010 #3 of 10
    SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    lol Why? :rolleyes:

They send out their signals via satellite to like the whole country. Are you trying to cost them money by not canceling until just before the end of your commitment? Incredible. :nono2:

4. Nov 6, 2010 #4 of 10
    PostItNote

PostItNote Cool Member

Mar 17, 2007
    If they won't prorate it and charge him an entire month, why wouldn't he keep it until then?

5. Nov 7, 2010 #5 of 10
    CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    It doesn't really matter, they will prorate it. If you aren't in a contract they can't make you pay for time not used. I'm pretty sure that is the case. And since you aren't worried about them shutting it off, you could just wait till they send you a final bill instead of paying the one due. Otherwise they would send a check with the remainder they owed you.

6. dish_n3t

dish_n3t Cool Member

Nov 16, 2008
    They do prorate the bill.

7. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Doh. Because he said, "even though I won't be using their equipment."

You're as petulant as he. :rolleyes:

8. CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    I just called in and cancelled dish last night and they said they would send me the boxes for the equipment. But I am almost sure I heard the woman say that I was expected to return the LNB. Is this correct? Did they tell you to do the same?

9. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    If you call back and say that the LNB is unreachable in a reasonable way (that can be a lie of the phone to the CSR), then they will let you keep the LNB.

10. CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    I don't really care to keep it honestly, but I don't want to climb on the roof to retrieve it either. I will give that a try. Thanks.