1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

'Cancelled' recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jacksonm30354, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354 Icon

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta
    I've been having an ongoing issue with Young & The Restless not recording. In the history, I see:

'This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13/6/The Young and the Restless episode type:1 CID: 1 1 1146 986)'

It will occasionally record an episode but most of the time It cancels because of this error. The CBS affiliate in Atlanta (WGCL 46) airs this on delay at 3PM instead of 11am or 12:30pm like most east coast affiliates. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Now it's happened on another show, Survivor, last night which airs on the same station, but was at the normal 8pm timeslot.

'This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13/6/Survivor: Philippines episode type:1 CID: 1 1 17F353 4)'

Any ideas on how to prevent these cancellations?

I have an Hr34-700 running 0x5C2

Edit: these series recording are set to record only new episodes.

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Dunno how to totally prevent that other than shutting Genie Recommends down. I've taken to checking the To Do list frequently, and even the Playlist at the start of a show to make sure critical programs are being recorded. Kinda limiting, no?:sure:

Pretty sure a software fix is needed.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Reboot the HR34. Do it via the Menu option. You may get a pop up that there's a recording in process. On occasion, the box thinks it recording an episode when it isn't.

For example it might show SURVIVOR is currently recording, do you want to restart?
    Even when it isn't airing.

A restart clears all 5 tuners in case that's it.

4. MikeJW

MikeJW Mentor

Aug 17, 2006
    i too had this happen with "survivor" this week. i have genie turned off and it still happens once in awhile.