1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cancelling Dish.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Mar 5, 2011.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    This is not a dish bashing thread so dont worry, Dish has went to expensive for me since I watch maybe 3 channels, I have netflix and i bought 3 of the Roku boxes, I also subscribed to MLB.TV and I have playon.tv so I will be shaving money in the long run, my question is I just signed a new contract a few months ago when I get a new HD-DVR so I owe like $220 in the ETF which I dont mind paying as like I said I would save money in the long run, so my question is I no longer have the CC I used when I signed up with Dish so when I cancel they will try to charge the card and it wont go though so can I just pay when I cancel or will they notfy me after tring to charge the card the ETF and it won't go though?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I would call them and update your account info first.

3. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    See I tried to do that and they said you couldnt update account info for the card you use when you first signed up for Dish.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That happened to me too... for a different reason.

Last time I did a Dish'n it up promo... I had to give a credit card... and they said it couldn't be the same one I initially signed up with. It was weird. They explicitly said they couldn't use the card they already had on file.

I don't know if some CSRs just don't know what to do... or if their computer system is really that screwed up.

It kind of defeats the purpose of them having a credit card on file if they can't use it and you can't ever update it.

5. BeckiB@Dish Network

BeckiB@Dish Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You have a couple options. You can either pay with another card up front upon cancellation, or you can wait until we send the final bill to make that payment.

6. dbspr

dbspr AllStar

May 16, 2008
    i will be cancelling DISH too, because there no longer offering the 9.99 HD package. (also disable the HD functionality). Bye Bye, DISH.

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The grandfathered $9.99 package hasn't been a bargain since the $10 "DISH Essentials" was introduced in 2008.

8. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    shh, don't wake granpa.