1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancelling service.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Ivtec, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Ivtec

Ivtec AllStar

Jan 9, 2009
    Hi Guys:i have service with dish for 4 years now,i had the old Hd receiver and up graded last summer to vip 211 so i could have more hd chan. instead of the 5 hd chan. plus locals with my own antenna that i use to have .now my question is thus this fall under any commitment,or can i cancel any time i want without to pay any extra fees.

2. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    You most likely don't have any commitment to remain subscribed, but only DISH would be able to tell you for sure. "Last summer" doesn't cover your upgrade situation entirely. There was a period where they were phoning and sending postcards about "for just a penny more / month", you could upgrade to a ViP receiver. That program didn't have any commitment attached. If you phoned in and ASKED for an existing customer upgrade, it could have a 2 year commit attached. It wouldn't be triggered by you phoning it, but by how the upgrade order was setup.