1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot do high-def w/ component outputs from computer

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by brant, Apr 26, 2009.

1. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    i think i finally answered my own question from the netflix thread below.

i haven't been able to stream, or force and HD stream, from netflix at home or work on my HDTV's connected to a computer.

at home, its connect by component, and at work, by dvi-to-vga adapter.

i just installed cyberlink powerdvd 9 and cannot play DVD's on my HDTV.

I kept getting an aspect ratio error. finally i switched to clone mode and got a similar error, but explained in more detail. it says i cannot play copy-protected content through my video card's TV out.

so I have to assume a DVI-to-HDMI adapter will work. According to the nvidia website, my card supports HDCP.

2. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    I know on my computer, it will only let me output to one monitor at a time for copy protected material, so to watch something on my tv i have to turn off the output to the monitor and have it only outputting the tv. Not sure if that's what you're running into or not though.

3. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    I got it working.

I had to use a DVI-to-HDMI cable to enable DHCP.

Video quality is about equal using HDMI instead of component, but the sharpness of my desktop is much better using the HDMI.