1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cant add any RVU samsung tvs.. .help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by pjwinstalls, Jun 13, 2014.

1. pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls Mentor

Oct 14, 2008
    I have one genie HR44 and 3 new Samsung h6350 series tvs. The RVUs are already activated on my acct. The tvs see the hr44 and they ask for the pin #. After i put the pin # in i get the following message.....

diagnostic code 54-794

Home Network interference problem
    Set top box server has experienced an error and is unable to test the network. Please try restarting the server.

This comes up on all 3 of the samsung tvs.....

I called directv, they have no idea.

any suggestions??

Thanks

Philip

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    How is your HRR44 connected to the internet ?

How are the RVUs connected to your network?

there was a post like yours not too long ago and the fix was to use a DECA BB instead of directly connecting the HR44 with ethernet. YMMV

3. royrdsjr

royrdsjr Cool Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Are you using a Cinema Connection Kit with Power Supply to connect your TV's to your Genie via DECA? I'm using this link to show you what I'm talking about http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=02&p=DCAPR0-01&d=DIRECTV-Cinema-Connection-Kit-w-Power-Supply-(DECA2PR)&c=Satellite%20Components&sku=700112818769 .

4. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    Getting Samsung Directv-Ready TV tomorrow. Received the Deca-BB adapter from Directv last week. It came with a power supply & the regular Deca unit (Deca with Ethernet plug, connection for the TV input, and the other end of the Deca unit to connect to the satellite outlet from the wall. The other 2 receivers we have using the Deca unit do not have a power supply. Can I assume that I do not need to use the power supply? And besides, I see no way to connect the power supply since it only has one cable input on it and no output connections.

Thanks for your help.

5. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Normally the DIRECTV receiver powers a DECA via the satellite coax connection. Since you're connecting to a TV you do need the power supply to power the DECA.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the satellite feed goes to "towards LNB" PORT. Power connects to the short coax jumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is most common if trying to connect via ethernet instead of using coax networking, or if the coax line is degraded or non-standard.

8. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    Maybe I did not fully explain what I have. I have the whole-home set up with a Genie HR-4400 as the master with 2 receivers and 5 DVRs. I hope this helps. Both receivers have a Deca on them on no power adapter.

9. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    As RAD said above, you do need to use the power supply to power the DECA, then Ethernet out to your TV. Normally DECAs are powered by the receiver or DVR connection.