1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't browse by channel on HR22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by stevewallace, Oct 24, 2008.

1. stevewallace

stevewallace New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I just got an HR22 and have a 2 year old HR20 as well. On the HR20 I can browse OnDemand by channel, but on the HR22 I can not. I did just connect the network tonight, so maybe it takes a little while to gain that option? (but I don't see why). My HR20 still has the option and both are running the 290 software ver.

Any ideas?

2. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I sometimes have this problem if I reboot my HR20. give it a little while and thet should show up.

3. valestij

valestij Cool Member

Jun 4, 2008
    I had the same issue where the VOD didn't work on my HR22, but it worked fine on my HR20. Ended up just being the port on the HR22 I was using. Try switching the e-net port you are using on the back of the HR22 and it should work. (I think you need to use port 2).

For some reason one of the works fine, and the other doesn't seem to do much of anything. If I remember correctly they are labeled backwards from how a normal person would use them. :)

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    And it does take some time for the VOD channels to show up after a reset, or after getting good network connection. Wait at least a couple of hours, maybe overnight.