1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can't connect 2nd receiver with Homeplug

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by fjcastro, Nov 30, 2009.

1. fjcastro

fjcastro Mentor

Jan 29, 2007
    I have a Linksys WRT310N and my HR22-100 is connected through a Homeplug adapter in the living room. I have internet connectivity, no problem. The issue is with my HR21-700 in my living room upstairs. I am trying to connect with a second Homeplug adapter upstairs and I can't get connected to the internet. The Homeplug adapter is plugged directly into the wall (not a surge protector), I get both green lights on the adapter but can't get connected to the internet. When I go a scan of the network on the WRT310N, it does not "see" the HR21-700 upstairs. When I do the "Connect Now" process, it says that I am connected to the network but not the internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It can take some time before the DirecTV servers recognize that the receiver is connected.

3. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    go into your advanced settings (under network settings) and make sure your gateway is set to the I.P. of your router and your dns is the I.P. of your modem.

4. fjcastro

fjcastro Mentor

Jan 29, 2007
    That did the trick! Thanks much!!

5. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    Any time. Sometimes the simplest things are over looked.... :lol: