1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can't get several HD packages....

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by khearrean, Jun 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, but came over tonight & happened to read something I wasn't aware of. Am I understanding correctly that to get the fairly new last (8) HD SAT channels, you can no longer do so with the standard (2) dish set-up? For example, one of my dishes gets 110/119 & the other 61.5. I haven't been keeping up with the latest Dish news, but after reading this here tonight, I checked my SAT & couldn't get TruHD, Hallmark HD, E HD, BBC HD, Indiplex HD & 3 or 4 others. I read something here about having to give up my 61.5 & 110/119 & switch over to the 1000.4. Is this correct? FYI: I have the America's Top 250 along with the Gold & Platinum HD package & live in S.E. Texas.

Ken

2. Dish97

Dish97 AllStar

Dec 19, 2009
    New channels are on 72.7. (also 129 on WA) If you get your locals from 61.5, just reskew your D500 and point to 72.7. I did this rather than pay the $99 1000.4 upgrade. If you have the Dish service plan it will only be $15.

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    You're in the Beaumont DMA, which means that if you move to EA you're going to lose PBS at the very least.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The standards changed when Eastern Arc was introduced. Now there is a standard one dish setup ... either a 1000.4 pointing toward the eastern arc or a 1000.2 pointing toward the western arc. People needing international programming might need a 500+ Dish or 1000+ if they want internationals and HD. But most people want the regular channels which are all either western arc or eastern arc - depending on where DISH put your locals. One dish - unless line of sight issue require an odd setup.

5. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Actually, the Beaumont/Port Arthur DMA is mostly Western Arc, the HD locals are on both 129 and 61.5. SD locals except for FOX and PBS are on 110. FOX SD is on 129 and 61.5 and PBS is only on 72.

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I have the same dish set-up as yours. I just signed up for Free HD for Life and cannot get Encore E HD. It's my understanding that Encore E is the substitute for Encore W which is not in HD yet. I got Encore E HD briefly when I had the 3 month free preview of Encore & HBO last year.

So is Encore E HD a separate feed for the 250 HD subs and not on 61.5?

7. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Encore E HD is on 110 or 77 currently. But it's part of the HD 250 package.