1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can't get Starz without adding locals

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pfred, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pfred

pfred Mentor

Feb 8, 2009
    I was on the phone with Dish, trying to get the 1/2 price Starz for 6 months. I have the legacy package without locals, and I don't want to pay $5 more per month for locals, but Dish rep on the phone couldn't do it.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Unfortunately you are stuck then. Any programing change will remove you from being grandfathered and will add locals to your subscription.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Since the locals were included in the packages any programming changes require that the locals be included. This is nothing new or applied only to you, if you want to change programming you will have to play by the current rules.

4. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Your account was grandfathered in without locals. Adding a promotion that changes your programming or anything that creates a work order on your account will force the locals to be added. This is because the locals are now included in the cost of the programming packages. If you have any other questions or concerns about this please feel free to send me a PM.