1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can't have too much signal

Discussion in 'Laughter Is The Best Medicine' started by kevinturcotte, Oct 4, 2013.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Time Warner guy is here trying to fix by friend's cable. I pointed out that the signal is too strong (According to the receiver's built in diagnostics) and the "Technician" responds that you can never have too strong/much of a signal lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    That's why they make attenuators . . . .

:coffee

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    "Overdrive" ain't just for '56 Buicks. :rolleyes:

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I had trouble with a satellite signal a few years back (C Band but digital signal) ... threw a -10dB attenuator inline and the signal to noise ratio was greatly increased. No more problems with signal.

5. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I used FAR more attenuators in the analog era, but I still keep a bunch on the truck.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Was he wearing a lead vest?? :)

7. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Free diathermy treatment!

!rolling