1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't order some HD PPV online

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by rsteinfe, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsteinfe

rsteinfe Legend

May 7, 2005
    I just went to the D* website to order a showing of "Michael Clayton" in HD for later today. The guide shows several showings today on ch 135/136, but the website will only allow me to order the SD version. (HD version says "playing soon.")

Just did a quick check, and found the same situation for "The Brave One" and "3:10 to Yuma." Other HD PPV's are available to order, but not these, although there are several showing times today.

I've ordered HD PPV before through the website with no problems. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

2. rsteinfe

rsteinfe Legend

May 7, 2005
    UPDATE: I sent D* an email regarding the above problem, and here's their reply:

"Thank your for writing. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to order pay per view in HD.

We've found simply resetting your receiver will often correct your technical concern. Since your receiver has a reset button, you can simply press it to reset your receiver. If pressing the button does not correct the problem, try these steps to reset your receiver:

1. Leave the receiver box on.
    2. Unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. (If your receiver's light is still on, you have pulled the wrong plug.)
    3. Leave receiver unplugged for 15 seconds.
    4. Reconnect it to the electrical outlet and return to normal viewing.

We want to ensure your system is up and running again as quickly as possible. If resetting the receiver doesn't fix the problem, the best way for you to get help is to call 1-800-531-5000 and choose the option to speak to a technical assistant. You may also find some helpful information at the DIRECTV Technical Help forums on our web site. Just visit http://forums.directv.com/pe/index.jsp to find answers to your questions.

For your reference, we offer select pay per view movies and events in high definition on channel 99. Most HD pay per view movies are $4.99 up to $49.99 and can be ordered online or by using your remote control if the phone line is attached to the receiver. Check the online program guide at directv.com or your onscreen guide to see what’s playing today and what’s coming soon.

Thanks again for writing, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Emil T.
    Employee ID 100185357
    DIRECTV Customer Service"

Incredible!!:nono2:

3. rsteinfe

rsteinfe Legend

May 7, 2005
    UPDATE #2:

After stewing about the above reply from D* for a few hours, I felt I needed to make one more attempt at communication. As my second email shows, I was a bit frustrated:

"Good grief, did you even bother to READ my email. My problem has
    NOTHING to do with my RECEIVER. Let me put it in the most simple terms
    possible:

1) I wish to order a showing of "Michael Clayton" in HD via the
    DirecTV WEBSITE (not through my receiver).

2) Although there are several showings of "Michael Clayton" listed
    today on channels 135 and 136, there is no ORDER NOW button on your
    WEBSITE for the HD version, only for the SD version.

3) I have found the above situation to be true with several other HD
    versions of movies as well. This appears to be a new problem, as I
    have ordered HD movies via the website in the past with no problem.

4) I am attempting to tell you that there is a problem with your
    WEBSITE, which no amount of unplugging my receiver can correct!

5) Please pass this along to your WEBSITE people."

In the subsequent reply from D*, we see the uneven quality of D*'s customer support. While the first reply totally missed the mark, this one was spot on. Cheryl investigated my problem, found that it did exist, suggested an alternate method--which works--and agreed to pass the problem on to someone who might be able to correct it. Here's Cheryl's email:

Thank you for writing us back about the problem you've had ordering the pay per view movie "Michael Clayton" in HD. I understand that the "Order Now" button is not available for you to click on. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. I'd be glad to check and provide you with the information that you need.

After careful review, I was able to verify that "Michael Clayton" in HD is indeed not available for purchase through the Pay Per View Schedule. As such, I have forwarded your comments on to our directv.com development team for review. We're always looking for ways to enhance our web site, and we appreciate your feedback. We're always working to ensure the integrity of our system. Customer feedback really helps in alerting us to areas that need improvement, so thank you for your email.

Moving forward, what I would recommend in this situation is that you purchase the movie by following these simple steps:

1. Go to directv.com/mydirectv and log onto your account.
    2. Access the "MY TV LISTINGS" tab at the top of the page and then select the "Time Zone" for your area and the time that you would like to order the pay per view event.
    3. Select "Order" for the event that you would like to order from the Program Guide.
    4. Once you have completed this, a confirmation screen will appear with the Event Name, Event Date and Time.
    5. Select a payment option to pay for the pay per view event that you are ordering.
    6. Once the payment has been made, press "Confirm" and your order will be placed.

If this option is still not available for you, we do have other convenient pay per view ordering options. You may order using your remote control provided you have a phone line connected. You can also call us and order through our automated phone system by calling 1-800-531-5000 from your home phone and pressing the option to order pay per view (a $1.50 order assistance fee applies). You can also order your pay per view movie or event directly from a Customer Service Representative, but a $5.00 order assistance fee may apply.

Thanks again for writing and providing us the opportunity to be of service to you. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Cheryl S.
    Employee ID 100186563
    DIRECTV Customer Service"

Thanks, Cheryl!!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.