1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't record two shows at once??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by nymart, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nymart

nymart Cool Member

Oct 23, 2006
    I have two shows setup to record at the same time on two channels. Tonight they recorded fine as is expected. However, when I looked at my history, I noticed that for next week's episodes, one was canceled. I tried to set it back up to record, but it gives me an error saying that there is a conflict with the other show and that I need to choose? Has anyone seen this behavior? Why might it work fine this week but not for next week? I have only had the HR20 (or D* for that matter) for a few days so it is very likely that I may be doing something wrong. TIA

2. mjs31

mjs31 Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    Do you have other shows set to record that may, for some reason, have any recordings during that time frame? How is your prioritizer set up? Even 1 minute of an overlap can cause a problem. Desperate Housewives was famous for running one extra minute causing a problem for many

3. mjs31

mjs31 Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    One other note...are you getting a strong signal on both tuners? having one out can cause a problem

4. nymart

nymart Cool Member

Oct 23, 2006
    I don't see any overlap and don't have any other recordings scheduled for that time. Sorry for such a dumb question, but how do I check signal strength on the tuners?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.