1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Caprica cancelled

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Indiana627, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
  2. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Bummer I really like Caprica the pace is tedious but I thought it was a good show. Sorry to see it end and that SYFY is going hold off on the final 5 episodes till 2011 :(

3. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Disappointed, but not surprised. While I really liked it, I think it was too "deep" to appeal to the masses.

4. Codfishjoe

Codfishjoe AllStar

Sep 2, 2010
    indiana are you REALLY Harrison Ford? awesome

5. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    It seem to be going everywhere and nowhere at the same time. In other words, a terrible plot.

6. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    You knew it was coming.

7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    It was in trouble from day one; I started watching the pilot and just got so bored with it I turned it off 30 minutes in.

8. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Too slow going nowhere !

9. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    The girls got stuck in Cap City which being VR has no real consequences, so who cares? At least they get to wear fetishy outfits, but aren't they like 15??? Can I get pinched for watching this??? The Taurons were just Mafia. The scientist is this whiney jerk punk. Everybody's just mean, selfish, violent and ugly as people. Who are we supposed to like, exactly? And the religions are so complicated you have no idea who's on whose side. There seems no goal or point to the story except to slavishly set up BSG. Polly Walker seems lost in this sadistic soup. Next!

10. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I agree !

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Well, I am disappointed they didn't give it a short second season to create a tie in to Blood & Chrome.

I don't suppose they found a way to do it on an AMC-level budget, so I understand why Syfy is dropping it with a rating last week of 0.718 million viewers and 0.3/1 in the demo.

Problem is "Stargate Universe" is pulled 0.974 million viewers and 0.4/1 in the demo. And "Sanctuary" is no powerhouse at 1.380 million viewers and 0.4/1 in the demo.

I'd hint to Syfy that a SciFriday primetime lineup of "Stargate Universe", "Caprica" and "Sanctuary" might be the only way to draw an audience for scripted shows of this nature, but that is a stupid idea of the old channel SciFi.

12. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I wonder if they will be able to rework the final episodes to finish the story?

I think the show is getting a little better now but the beginning was pretty dull.

13. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    After this last episode I am not surprised. I do not want that much drama in my Sci Fi.

14. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well it's one of three shows i'm currently watching on Syfy w/out much enthusiasm. Caprica, Stargate SGU and Sanctuary are all ok but I don't think i'd miss any of them too badly. Considering i'm always having trouble keeping up with what's recorded on my DVR anyway, Caprica being canceled just leaves me a little more space at the end of the hard drive.

15. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    You get the feeling the writers started phoning it in at some point. The girls are now completely disconnected from the story off in VR La La Land. The whole religion deal is just Al Qaeda stuff. The presentation of the Tauron thugs is flat and oddly stereotyping. Like a bad Mafia movie.

And I hate all the characters. No one has any redeeming social values. Game over. I'm taking off my holoband and dropping it in the garbage disposal.

16. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Finish the story?

I don't even know what story they're trying to tell now.

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    After reading all the "what story" and "going everywhere and nowhere" posts, I'm glad I gave up on it when I did.

18. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Too bad, I actually think I see a bit of an arch after this weeks show. I am not one that keeps up with all the intricacies of a show. I know I didn't follow nearly everything in Lost for example, but I found Caprica pretty easy to follow. I think it had the chance to make rewatching BSG even better after seeing some background on people like Adama.

FWIW I gave up on Sanctuary after last season and I watched this weeks SGU in about 20 minutes skipping all the dream crap. Caprica is definitely my favorite of the 3 and I was a hater when it was first announced.

19. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Not Surprised.
    Good Actors working terrible scripts, the story just lags and lags.

What I find interesting is SyFy holding the last 5 episodes till 2011 ??!!! WTF

I watch the show every week and now that I hear it's cancelled I am not even sure I want to watch this weeks episode thats recorded on my DVR! Why do they think people will want to invest time in 2011 on a series thats been dead for months??

20. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Maybe they are planning a graceful segway into blood and chrome