1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cardinals-Giants BB now

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Laxguy, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    If anyone watching, or could take a peek at the SF-St.Louis BB game, on right now, and give an opinion on the PQ, I'd appreciate it. It's channel 696 in N. California, Comcast Sports Network. My take is that last night and tonight's broadcasts are very low quality, though technically HD. Really soft pictures.

Ugh! Why so soft? Where's the bind on the bit rate? Or is it lousy cameras at Busch Stadium for this series?

If there are some Cards fan watching on your local sports channels, can you also see 696? Are the two feeds similar? Is your local feed also Comcast? [Or can you see a huge difference between OTA and DIRECTV® broadcast?]

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    The Cards feed looks fine. The CSN feed looks soft again tonight. It's probably just equipment reasons.

3. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    The Cards feed on a non-CSN network? Do the Cards have their own, or is St. Louis BB carried on another network entirely?

Can you speculate on equipment reasons? Or are there two sets of cameras, etc. in the stadium, so it could be, in fact, the cameras or the truck there?

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    The Cards feed is Fox Sports Midwest.

I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but I've read the teams may have crappier uplink equipment when traveling.

5. TomK

TomK Godfather

Oct 18, 2010
    I have the MLB EI package and I think I can see a difference in lower quality difference on the Giants' feed. It's definitely not as sharp as Fox Sports Midwest.

6. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thanks, gents. I hope to high heaven the Fox 'cast is better than Comcast with the Giants in St. Louis. What they show from ATT Park is far far better, though not sterling.

It makes sense to me that an uplink that can't throw out the proper bit rate would create the crap picture I am seeing tonight.