1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Panther game on Sunday ticket?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mastrauckas, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mastrauckas

mastrauckas AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    I was about to record the Carolina Panther game when I noticed the DVR box guide is not showing the Carolina Panthers on NFL Sunday ticket this morning. So I went to nfl.com to check the NFL Sunday ticket channel and it says 708 but on my DVR guide it says Begals vs Texans and not Cardinals vs Panthers. However, my upstairs box which is not a DVR box is showing Cardinals vs Panthers. I reset the DVR box to see if the guide just hasn't updated and it's still saying Begals vs Texans. I am assuming the label is just wrong on the guide?

2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I'm seeing Cardinals @ Panthers on 708 in the guide on my HR21... :confused:

3. mastrauckas

mastrauckas AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    My HR21-100 is still saying Begals vs Texans but both of my D11-100 are showing Cardinals @ Panthers? :confused: Maybe I should reset the box again?

4. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    You're in S.C. Doesn't the local Fox station carry Panther's games or is that only here in Charlotte? I figured the Panthers were regional to both Carolinas.

5. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    The Guide should still show the game even if a local is carrying it.

6. mastrauckas

mastrauckas AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    Local fox channel does carry it. However, Columbia doesn't have locals in HD yet so to watch it in HD I have to watch it on NFL Sunday ticket!

7. flyingtigerfan

flyingtigerfan Godfather

Feb 16, 2005
    Uhhhh, you'll get blacked out on Sunday Ticket, I believe.

I too am annoyed at the lack of local HD, but the OTA is looking good today. Hope it stays that way.

8. mastrauckas

mastrauckas AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    I don't think I am blacked out because D11-100 boxes are showing the game correct in the guide. I wondering if it's just a guide problem? I guess I'll find out in 30 minutes.

Can't watch it over the air because I don't have a built in HD receiver.

9. mastrauckas

mastrauckas AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    The game did come on after all so it was a guide problem.

Just a bit annoying because I have to do a manual recording because it has a game starting at 4pm and not 1pm.

10. Bronco70

Bronco70 AllStar

May 14, 2008
    It was a great game. Down 17-3 and Jake does his thing. And Tampa Bay lost!!

11. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    the game was on 708-1 but the on screen guide never updated!

12. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    I have two identical HR20s. One showed the the Cardinals v Panthers correctly on channel 708-1 in the Guide. The other showed the Upcoming Texans/Bengals. That channel did show the Cardinals/Panthers game even though the Guide never corrected itself. When I did a keyword search for Cardinals/Sports/Football, it listed the Upcoming Texans/Bengals game on 708-1.

13. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Just an FYI that blackouts have nothing to do with the guide. The guide will still show all games, even those that are blacked out to you or that you don't get (like say NHL Center Ice and you don't subscribe to it). So don't go by the guide to see what you're blacked out on. Check your local stations and whatever they show you'll most likely be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket versions (SD 100%, HD maybe, depends on your market).

14. rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

The guide on my DVR was showing the Arizona-Carolina game on 708, but it wasnt' showing the HD feed on 708-1, even during the game. The game was definitely on 708-1, but the guide had incorrect information. As much as they charge us for Sunday Ticket, is it too much to ask that they get the guide data right?

15. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    nfl sunday ticket 2009 = $499* (but now with correct guide info). :D

* does not include superfan.