1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cartoon Network Guide problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by B Newt, Jul 29, 2014.

1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Last couple of days I noticed the info on my receiver guide is backwards on Cartoon Network channels. Right now I am watching Adventure time on channel 296 but the guide says Total Drama:pahkitew Island. When I switch to 297 Total Drama is on tv but the guide says Adventure Time. This is happening on my HR100 and my D15 receivers. I did a red button reset on my hr100 but no fix. DTV needs to fix this problem because this will mess up my Regular Show recordings. I just tried it again Channel 296 says Regular Show on the guide but Gumball is showing. Channel 297 says Tom & Jerry and Tom & Jerry is on now. :nono2:

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's not on DirecTV's end and it's not a reverse of the East/West schedules it's a different schedule entirely, the listings match what Tribune (Zap2it) has as well as TVGuide.com. It looks like CN made yet another last minute schedule change and neglected to notify both major listings providers.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The problem is, at least in part, with DIRECTV. The listings that DISH (who also uses Tribune) had in their guide agreed with what the TS observed as well as the listings on the Cartoon Network website.

4. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    When did you check? The schedule change only affected 2pm-6pm ET, anything after 6pm ET is correct. The old schedule is still on the latest grab of Tribune's raw data.

EDIT: Just checked the 3rd listings provider FYI Television, used by TitanTV and FiOS, they don't have the updates either. I sent a message to my contact at CN and hopefully they resend the schedule change.

5. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Just checked about 4:15 pacific time and one of the two channels is still messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

6. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    The schedule change only affected 2pm-6pm ET, which means CN West is wrong until 9pm ET. Hopefully my contact at CN gets the update to the listings providers first thing tommorow morning so an update will be made in the afternoon.

7. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    I just don't want to miss new episodes of " the regular show " do to the guide mix up.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

8. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    New episodes of Regular Show are still Thursdays at 7:30pm ET, it wasn't affected by the schedule change

9. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I checked at 4:12 EDT. DISH doesn't carry CN(West) so I couldn't verify that half of the equation.

10. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    So if what you're saying is true, Dish somehow got a schedule update that all 3 listings providers in the USA missed. Sometimes one of the 3 listings providers might be late or miss an update, but in the 15+ years I've been dealing with listings there has never been a case where only one cable or sat provider got it and three days later it's still missing across the board by Tribune, Rovi and FYI and every other cable and sat provider.

Any chance you can take a picture of what your Dish receiver says on the grid for 5pm ET/2pm PT tommorow afternoon so I can send it to my contact at CN to help them investigate how this missed everyone but Dish? So far they have on record DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, Cox, Optimum, Xfinity, FiOS and U-Verse not having the correct data, they want proof of Dish getting it.

11. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Today's DISH grid doesn't much match the CN website. It does seem to line up with TitanTV.

All times EDT for CN-E

5:00 Adventure Time: Too Young
    5:30 Adventure Time: Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake; The M... (Titan TV says Finn and Jake)
    6:00 Teen Titans Go!
    6:45 Clarence: Clarence's Millions
    7:00 Adventure Time (no ep)
    7:45 Regular Show: Fool Me Twice

I was mistaken about DISH not carrying CN-W as well. I use a custom guide that hides it (because it is SD).

12. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Ok today the guide is in sync with the shows. Looks like they fixed the problem. And new episode of " The Regular Show " recorded fine. I got to have my fix of those 2 slackers.