1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Category: D* not to be out done

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JohnH, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
  2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I just noticed that too, John. Sounds like a good deal for D* Sunday Ticket Fans and maybe a shot at E* and the cable folks.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Okay... what am I missing?

All I see is a list of Sunday Ticket games...

4. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    Preseason games added for the first time

5. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    And it looks like ALL preseason games at that. All apparently live!!

6. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    That is cool. The NFL Network certainly added to the mix...but this is great for those of us that are in serious NFL withdrawl.

Long live the NFLST.

7. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh, it's REALLY cool as the pre-season is the only time the Lions win games.

8. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Has anyone actually confirmed through D* that they will be showing all preaseason games live? The thought that is going through my head is they are just showing the preseason schedule to show times and dates of games, as the channels are listed as TBA. I know the NFL Network will be televising preseason games on tape delay, but I've not heard anything from D* about showing live preseason feeds. I hope they will show preseason games live, but I still have my questions about this.

9. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Having trouble finding some other reason for the price change being July 31 instead of the usual August 31 time frame.

10. feeth

feeth Legend

Jul 23, 2006
    WOW! My install date not untill the aug 23rd. I will be on the phone monday am trying to get my install date moved up.

Did you guys notice that at least one of the reply games on NFLNW is in HD?

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Go to the sat aug 12th game:

Jet @ tampa 10am (1080i)

11. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Okay folks, here's how it lines up:

DIRECTV will provide all 52 of the NLFNET Pre-Season games.

Of the 52:
    6 are broadcast live
    18 are in HD

One of the 6 live games is also in HD.

Some VERY interesting stuff about who does the game announcing too!

See: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/preseason_2006

ALSO NOTE: The D* Schedule for the pre-season games is in error at the moment - it now shows when all the games will be played. It will need to be corrected to when the games will be aired (on NFLNET).

If any of you are interested, I've put charts together which meld the regular broadcasts (CBS, FOX, ESPN, NBC), and the NFLNET replays and live broadcasts. Yeah, it customized for the San Diego DMA.

A sample PDF for Pre-Season Week 1 is attached:

12. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002

There is reason to believe that D* will be carrying pre-season games as part of the NFLST and that the schedule is correct.

13. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    FWIW, I talked to a retention worker last night. The good thing was that he upgraded me to the ST Superfan for free since I've been a customer since 1998.:righton:

I also asked him about live preseason feeds being part of the ST this year. He was not sure of this. He agreed that the preseason schedule was on the site with TBA for the game channels. He also mentioned, however, the NFL Network feeds being televised (i.e. taped delayed rebroadcasts of games on the NFL Network). He did not know if live preseason feeds were going to be included in the package or not. I guess we will see once the preseason starts in another week and a half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.