1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS HD - Rochester, MN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by speedboat, Mar 21, 2010.

1. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    Dish Network customer here, but have an HD question for DirectTV customers... Hopefully this is a proper forum for this question.:confused:

Each March I attend a 4-day Rum and Roundball party, where we tip a few and watch every NCAA game we can. The hosts have DirectTV and the NCAA package, which is in HD.

This package has every game, except whatever game the local CBS station is carrying. Of course, the games of most interest to locals, is on the local station. The host says the local stations are not available in HD. Is this true?

Can you get KIMT is HD via DirectTV?

Thanks.

Al

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    No, no HD locals on DirecTV in that DMA.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    They could possibly get an AM21 and an OTA antenna and get them that way though.

4. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007

As others have said, no, no HD locals yet...However, I live on the 'Rim' in Rochester and wioth the simple Radio Shack indoor HD antenna (that looks like a UFO", I can get KIMT when pointing to the SW... The other locals comes from I thihnk Ostrander, and can easily be picked up via antenna.. might need a bit more gain from the PI area tho..

5. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    I would think DISH would be all over this, but maybe they don't offer Rochester locals in HD either, thankfully I get my networks from the Twin Cities and they are all in HD.

In case anyone cares, I have a roof mounted DB8 here in PI and can pick up KIMT (3) in HD without problem. KAAL (6) has the best signal. Fox (47) is also fairly reliable. On a normal day I get 8 OTA channels, but it's gone up to 19 OTA on that rare Sunday evening when everything seems perfect.

Can't get KTTC (10) no matter what I do.

6. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Weird.. Fox 47 and KTTC 10 are on the same tower now.. thought KTTC was putting out a bit more power, but could be wrong..

Don't get any of the twin cities stations where I"m at.. so I'll live with what I have for now :)