1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Richard King, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/10/national/main665727.shtml

2. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Don't worry. They will get jobs at CNN.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    :lol:

4. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    This was nothing more then a way for them to try to help Kerry. Very simple .

5. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    CBS hasn't been so mistrusted since Orson Welles 1938 broadcast of the "War of the Worlds".

6. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Like FNC didn't do everything it could to help Bush? I seem to recall someone at FNC getting a bit creative with their reporting... of course, they just later call it a "joke" and that makes it OK...

7. Blockhead

Blockhead AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    i dont disagree that FNC is alos biased and they should be fired as well but that piece on CBS was the most biased piece of journalism i have ever seen. Its a shame that all the news now has become that way you cant trust anything any of them say no matter which side of the political fence your on

8. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

It goes way beyond bias. He was a total lie from start to finish. I bet you they knew it was fake. They will clean house but the lies will continue at CBS.
    They didn't even contact the White House to ask them if they wanted to go on the air and dispute it.

9. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    And let's not forget: "fake but accurate".

10. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    CBS was caught with its hand in the the proverbial cookie jar. Presenting a clearly false story that was figured out by "bloggers" in a few minutes.

- The right thing for CBS to do is ADMIT GUILT, appoligize, fire everybody in the building, disolve the news department for a year, donate the budget for the news division for a year to charity, and start over in 06.

- Somewhere, somehow, I think Dick Nixon is laughing his a** off.

- The exteremists say "FNC is this, and FNC is that" and blah, blah, blah. Well I HAVE THE PROOF THAT CBS PRESENTS FALSE STORIES. Prove anything about the Fair and Ballanced channel, or SHUT UP.

11. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Would have been 5, except Dan Blather already "retired"...

12. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    The proof that FNC is not "fair and balanced" has already been extensively documented and presented in a well-made documentary called, "Outfoxed" by Robert Greenwald, http://www.outfoxed.org

13. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Like I'd believe anything that has the following in the footer:

Why don't they just follow their own advice and move on. Novemeber 2nd is over, you lost, move on already.

The site is a good laugh though.

14. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Yep, the left has its loonie conspiracy theorists because it cannot stand the single Fair and Ballanced Network disturbing their media monopoly.

We have CBS's ADMITTED LYING, signed off on by a former Attorney General and a former President of the AP.

CBS: ADMITTED LIARS.

Your proff about FNC?

15. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Again, the information there is thoroughly documented by extremely reliable sources, many of them from Fox itself.

BTW, unless you consider Bush "Emperor For Life" there will be more elections, and having only one political party to consider isn't exactly healthy for a democracy, unless you'd prefer something more like the old USSR.

16. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I provided a link to extensive proof that FNC is not "fair and balanced". There is extensive documentation to back up the findings. You can hide your head in the sand and say it doesn't exist, but that does not make your denial true.

17. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    Good to see you aren't "deflecting".

18. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    It's amazing to me how the childish argument "well...um...he did X too!" always comes up when some one or some thing is found to be guilty of wrong-doing. Generally the counter-charges are baseless or based on a distortion to distract and confuse the issue at hand. A charge of hypocrisy is always expected whenever there is proof of malfeasance of one person or entity.

GROW UP! Even if the charges against other news agencies are true, it does not eliminate or even diminish the wrong-doing of CBS.

See ya
    Tony

19. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    The charge was made that CBS was acting on the behalf of Kerry. Comparisons to FNC and the GOP are to be expected when such accusations are made. I'm sorry if reality offends you. At no time did I excuse the offenses made by CBS, but instead I am attacked for daring to mention a "holy icon" of the conservative movement could possibly be guilty of similar partisanship.

20. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

Do you really believe that CBS had no agenda here?
    And when did CBS ever do a positive story about President Bush?
    I have seen postive stories about Democrats on Fox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.