1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS Regional games in the Sportspack

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cjrleimer, Dec 10, 2010.

1. cjrleimer

cjrleimer Godfather

Nov 16, 2004
    Next Saturday CBS is suppose to have their first regional games of the season so I was wondering when do the channels appear in the guide showing the games.

2. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    You can move the channel guide up by 12 hours a click if you want. Are you wondering what specific games are in your area?

3. BetterThanMost

BetterThanMost Mentor

Sep 24, 2008
    IIRC, those games usually are on 721 or 722.

4. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    I think it's 728/729.

5. cjrleimer

cjrleimer Godfather

Nov 16, 2004
    I have checked to see if the channels are up but they are not Ill check before next week and see.

6. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Checked this morning....the channels are now in the program guide.

7. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Is anybody with the OSU game locally getting the Butler game on 729? I'm just getting the DTV logo. The OSU game is available to me on 728.

8. cjrleimer

cjrleimer Godfather

Nov 16, 2004
    I tweeted them D and Ill post their response when I get one.

9. Codeman00

Codeman00 Godfather

Dec 13, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Has anyone figured this out?

This past Saturday, my local game was the Miss State game on CBS regional. The game I wanted was Purdue vs Minnesota which was not local in my area. This game should have been shown on channel 728 and was listed to show there. I even called Direct customer service and they told me that the game should be on.

When the game was supposed to be on, a 721 message came on and it looked like I had to pay a package or something to that effect. I called customer support again and after talking to two other people and after I reset my receiver, she finally said that she couldn't get me the game... 25 minutes had passed and she gave me an explanation that channel 728, the overflow CBS channel, was only being shown in Minnesota and Indiana....which I know was BS. I saw the CBS regional map and the entire Northeast and Midwest got the Purdue game, not just those two states. The channel would not be called an overflow channel if it was only shown regionally in two states.

Does anyone know why I didn't get the overflow channel? Was it a bug in the system? Do the overflow channels work for anyone?

10. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    You have to subscribe to Sports Pack/Premier to watch them. They worked for me back when I had Sports Pack in 2008.

11. Codeman00

Codeman00 Godfather

Dec 13, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    That's exactly what I read here but that's not what the customer service rep said. Why is it that we the people always know more than the people that are supposed to know it?

12. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Its because the CSR's get free DIRECTV, so they have no idea. The people that watch, have experienced paying for sports pack to get the channels. Not saying its right, but its reality. Although you would think that they would have access to that info.

13. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    They have DirecTV in India???

14. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Don't know. Worked fine for me on Saturday but I had the opposite - the Big Ten game was the local game and I got the SEC game on the 728 or 729 channel.

15. Codeman00

Codeman00 Godfather

Dec 13, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    RedDog, do you subscribe to the sports pack? Locals? Or both. Glad to know that it worked for someone.

16. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Yes - both. But note that I had the same problem (see above) the previous time there was a regional CBS telecast.

17. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    That's one thing I can say about DIRECTV. I've never talked to anyone in India or the Philippines when I call. Unlike several other companies I deal with.

18. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Curious if anyone is having any issues today. No problem for me -- I have the WVU game on locally and getting the TEN game on 728 (both SD and HD).

19. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Same here....:D