1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CBS schedules premieres for Extant and Under the Dome, Amazon gets them days later

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    CBS schedules premieres for Extant and Under the Dome, Amazon gets them days later

Last summer, CBS shared the financial load for its new show Under the Dome with Amazon by cutting a deal to stream episodes days after their broadcast. This year, it's renewing the agreement for Under the Dome season two and extending it to cover a new show, Extant. Both are produced by Steven Spielberg's company, while the latter will star Halle Berry as an astronaut with a robot child, and another half alien/half human kid on the way.

Under the Dome will return this year on June 30th with a premiere episode written by Steven King, while Extant premieres July 2nd. Amazon Prime subscribers can stream episodes of both four days after they air, just like last year, or download them to the newest Kindle tablets for offline viewing.

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Days later?? I can watch them for free the night they are broadcasted with my antenna. !rolling

3. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Last year I watched Under The Dome on Amazon Prime using my Roku. I can't watch a show like that 'live' with all of the commercials, so I would have recorded it for later viewing anyway.

I didn't have to record it and I didn't have to fast forward through the commercials.

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    But you did have to pay for it.

5. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I have Amazon Prime, which I've always had because we order a lot of stuff from them so it's worth it for us. Prime video is an added bonus they added a few years ago. I would have Prime even if they didn't have video as part of the plan now, but I guess you're correct in that in a way I'm paying for it.

I don't see the cost for it in my mind though.....

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Since I record and watch all shows to avoid commercials, this is rather appealing as an Amazon Prime Member.

7. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    +1