1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CBSE question, where is it coming from?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jester7677, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jester7677

jester7677 AllStar

Mar 7, 2004
    I live in CT, and just switched to DirectTV from Dish. Dish's CBSHD was coming from NYC, and I was hoping that DirectTV was as well, but it does not seem to be the case. I'm a little bent about this, as I am a Jets fan and wanted to see their games in HD. Living and learning... Anyone know where their signal is coming from?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    DirecTV's CBS-HD east feed is WCBS. The west coast feed is KCBS.

3. jester7677

jester7677 AllStar

Mar 7, 2004
    Then I don't understand. I get my locals out of NY. On my local NY2 (CBS) in Standard Def, the football game is on this Friday at 8PM. But, on CBSE (HD) it is not. How is that possible?

4. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    WCBS is splitting the feed?

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Can you receive the CBS-HD feed OTA? Digital channel 56.
    This may be a licensing thing with DirecTV.

6. JJaret

JJaret Legend

Aug 25, 2004
    My experience is the CBSE (HD) guide info is often wrong. They seem not to pick up the Yankee games either. The Jets @ Saints was on channel 80 two weeks ago. The game will not be shown HD anyway. Just upconverted SD. To be safe you can record the channel 2 feed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.