1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCTV 9 replacement

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ercjncprdtv, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ercjncprdtv

ercjncprdtv Legend

Feb 11, 2008
    Anything replacing CCTV9 on Monday?

2. N5XZS

N5XZS Legend

Apr 25, 2002
    Glad to see CCTV-9 go, I rather like to see BBC world or NHK channel instead......

8-24-08

3. myselfalso

myselfalso Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    I'm not glad to see it go. Two reasons. 1) I think it's fun to watch the Chinese propaganda. 2) Because they haven't said if they're adding another news channel.

Now, if they pulled CCTV-9 to add NHK or BBC World, then I'm all game because reason 1 is more for fun.

4. bgilga

bgilga Legend

Jul 28, 2006
    I hate to see it go because i get a kick out of it. I would like to see more international news , however. I was always wondering why Directv never had a slew of channels from England, Scotland, or Ireland. I would subscribe to a package like tha.

5. oldcrooner

oldcrooner Godfather

Feb 23, 2004
    I've been prodding them for a long time about adding more international news sources but, of course, always getting the usual canned responses. I totally agree that there should be an "English Language" package featuring channels from other parts of the world....if they can do this with at least 13 other languages, why not English?? I think they would be surprised at how many people would welcome such a package if they would supply it at a reasonable price.

6. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I too sort of like the other slant on new stories.What ever they add,I hope its NOT on the 119 bird.For me its blocked during the summer months !

7. oldcrooner

oldcrooner Godfather

Feb 23, 2004
    Noticed CCTV 9 was gone when I checked at 1 AM ESDST...the channel number does not even come up in the guide...so at least for the moment there's been nothing added to replace it.

8. curbside

curbside AllStar

Jun 29, 2007
    I liked watching CCTV9 and will miss it. I asked Directv why they dropped it and here was the response:

"Thanks for your inquiry. As of August 25 CCTV-9 (Channel 455) will no longer be available on DIRECTV. We are unable to comment on this."

Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Doug

9. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    I've hollered a bit about it - posted at one of the blogs I'm involved with. Even dumber considering NBC's spots on CCTV during the Olympics and highlighting an American journalism prof. on loan there for a year. And that DISH recently started carriage.

Propaganda? Not any worse than any fair and balanced GOUSA corporate crud.

And I really miss Biz China.