1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cd Usa

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lakers1, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakers1

lakers1 Cool Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Does Anybody Actually Watch This? It Seems Like Its Just A Lower Version Of Mtv Where There Is Actually More Than Hip Hop And They Actually Perform Live. Personally I Think It Sucks And I Can't Wait For The Network Live Channel.

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I watched about 5 minutes. That was it. Not sure what DTV's objective is with this.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If this is the permanent replacement for freeviews, we got royally screwed..

;)

4. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    I record it every week. Usually there is 1 good group in there somewhere depending on what you like. For me, the first show had Buckcherry, 2nd POD and the last one had Korn.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    THose groups arent appealing enough for me to even waste the HD space on. You must be about half my age then....arent there any decent newer rock bands out there at all? Buckcherry was OK the first time around, but this comeback will be lame....

6. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    MTV crossed with The Disney Channel. Nope and Nope.

None for me, thanks.

7. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    I'm a new D* sub, what are freeviews?

BTW, I watch CD USA.

8. NVBlue

NVBlue Legend

Aug 3, 2005
    Bring back pay per views on weekends and kill CD USA.

9. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    They WERE concerts free to all a subscribers that D* showed on weekends and all december. SOme months they had some great artists...Starting on Friday, they would rotate 3, 4, or sometimes more concerts/music specials, many times of a newly released DVD, and then shut it off bright and early monday morning...New stuff every month, and december would be like a greatest hits showcase of the best of that year.....I think they had it for several years....

10. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    I don't know how many caught it, but there was a HD freeview of the John Mayer Trio in Jan., also available as a SD Freeview that month. I felt there was some promise, until we were presented the travesty that is CD USA. I have to wonder how many of the target audience for that show buys CDs.

11. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    All of them after they get their allowances from their parents....

;)

12. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    if i just so happen to notice its on, i check to see who is going to be performing just in case its something i like. (happend once thus far). but since its been on, ive watched no more than a few mintues. wouldnt bother me a bit if D* removed it.

13. cobra2225

cobra2225 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

just another wasted and CHEEP channel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.