1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Censorship is OVER!

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by thestaton, Nov 20, 2008.

1. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    Assuming this is true, we are back into the clear. I can't tell you how happy I am, I'm going to go for a run in this cold weather just so I have a reason to listen to sirius again.

They are also offering Sirius customers who already have a life time membership, to get the best of xm on the life time for 100 dollars.

If this works out I'm on board. Man it feels so good that they are listening to there customers!

2. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Thank you. I hope this is accurate.

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Very cool, hopefully this is correct.

4. theninny

theninny Cool Member

Oct 17, 2008
    I was all excited after reading the OP, but when I was listening today. I still heard censored songs, a few more uncensored but songs that were uncensored before the merger that are censored now.

-LC

5. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Same here.

Octane last night, Kid Rock song was uncensored. Not a fan of hip hop, but turned it on today and it was uncensored.

Listened to Lithium this afternoon and Radiohead's "Creep" was the censored radio edit version.

6. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    My understanding is that it's going to take some time for the DJ's to weed out the censored songs and get them replaced with the uncensored version.

My theory is that if Sirius had the song that wasn't censored then they should be playing those. However if the stations got deeper cuts from the XM side that where censored, it might be awhile before those are updated.

Hopefully they get this worked out ASAP.

7. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I believe it even says on D*'s channel line up that hip hop is uncut, but then sometimes D* doesn't always have the correct information up :rolleyes: