1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ch 1 (customer information channel)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Boobie1998, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Boobie1998

Boobie1998 AllStar

Oct 6, 2007
    Hi all,

I just went to ch 1 to clear nvram like I used to and it doesn't work anymore. Did something change?

2. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I tried this morning as well with no luck.

3. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    I noticed this myself. Is there another way to clear the FLASH RAM?

4. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim AllStar

Mar 9, 2006
    Mine's working right now, but it's not uncommon for it to not work. It seems to work when it wants to.

5. mozartman

mozartman Mentor

Jul 1, 2006
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you do to clear FLASH RAM and what is the benefit?

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It can help speed up performance.

Go to channel 1. Once the page is operating including audio, use the remote and press Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green in exactly that order. This must be done quickly. Otherwise the yellow press will bring up a quick options menu. That will display a message about the NVRAM being cleared in the lower left.

7. mozartman

mozartman Mentor

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks!

8. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    Thing is though, they changed Ch1 so that trick no longer works.

9. mozartman

mozartman Mentor

Jul 1, 2006
    It didn't work for me either.

10. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    At least I know I'm NOT going crazy (yet)...wasn't working for me last night on EITHER of my HR20-100's! :mad:
    I REALLY am sick of these slow-a$$ POS's for DVR's... :mad:

11. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Mentor

Nov 28, 2007
    Eastern Oregon
    I have been using this trick to help with the super slow program guide for several months and it helped.

Why does it no longer work? :confused: At least it was something that helped sometimes, why did they disable it?

12. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Well, they have changed what the Buttons do and when I try it with the Red, Red, I get a Bong, Bong so they have changed what the Colored Buttons do and it no longer works as before.

Perhaps they will tell us in the future what will work to replace this function we had before or maybe because of the New HDGUI and Software Rewrite the DVRs work Faster so there is No Longer A Need To Perform This Operation!!!

13. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Fixed it for you - (& that's being charitable even with the guide)
    At least for mine, the REST of the DVR operations (LIST in particular) is even WORSE than before! :mad:
    You guys that are all geeked up with this "improved" GUI can have it - I'd just as soon have the old one back, so at least I could get a little bit of speed back I previously had. (not to mention that "switch to SD" BS that I'm having to go thru now with all my secondary SDTV's) :rolleyes:

14. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Most of us using the new HDGUI have never experienced faster performance from our dvrs than we do now. I suspect you have other issues, like a failing HDD or something like that. May I suggest you invest your energy into figuring out whats wrong your particular setup instead of putting all this energy into complaining?

15. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    +1.

There are thousands of Directv Customers who are saying that this New HDGUI & Software Rewrite is definitely helping them as far as Improved Performance and you are One Lonely Voice Crying In The Wilderness so if there are so many stating that this HDGUI has Improved their Performance and only a handful who state otherwise then perhaps it is something either in your Environment or your Setup or your DVR itself needs to be Repaired or Replaced. :)

16. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    I was just playing around with it and it turns out that it DOES WORK but you need to press the buttons a lot slower then you did before. If you press them too quickly it fails to register.

17. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    +1

18. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Just had to do it on my HR23. Worked fine.

19. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I tried it yesterday and got "bonked", tried it again this am and it worked. Actually havent felt it was necessary since the new GUI came out.

20. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    ;)

It works now.