1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain two 2-way splitters?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by terryfoster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. terryfoster

terryfoster Godfather

Nov 14, 2006
    Probably an easy question: In a SWM system, is it possible to chain two 2-way splitters to connect 3 devices from one wall outlet?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes.

3. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yep. Parents house is a double 2-way where the signal comes in. It comes off the dish into a 2-way where power goes in the red side and then a 2-way comes off the other that feeds the house on one side and the detached garage on the other. If the whole system can run on it, so can the end of it. :)

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Yeah, but I think most people would advise using a 4-way and simply terminating the unused port if possible.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I guess it's no surprise to others that I'm not "most people". ;) :lol:

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    In the scenario I posted about, we were lucky the tech had the 2-ways on the truck. He didn't have any 4 ways, and I think he only had 1 8-way that we needed... and this is after he had to leave and go get an H23... he wasn't stocked very well!

7. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Happens to the best of us! And don't forget the warehouse might have been out! Ours have no SWM 3 LNB's atm. Sidenote, when we request equipment from the warehouse sometimes they goof up and give us the wrong stuff or not at all. And with large pulls you might not realize somethings missing!

But in my case I just forget what I have and what I don't have and often forget to grab it in my parts pull. :D

I'm usually stocked but today I was short 2 splitters, a pole and concrete.

8. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    He mentioned that he would tell them what he needed and the guy in Colorado who fills the order would pretty much ignore it and send "whatever he felt like."