1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Change to Local only package with DVR

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by quizzer, Aug 13, 2013.

1. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    I currently have Dish America with International package. I want to cut cost and change my programming to have only the locals. I have the VIP 722 receiver.

Is it possible? If not, whats the minimum package and the cost/month (having locals) I should have to meet any requirement?

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Welcome pack at $19.99, locals only no longer available. Dvr fee will still apply.

3. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    The $29.99 Smart Pack is the lowest cost Core Package I see as a (radio button) choice when I login to my account, but in small print to the right, I see:

Other programming options: Welcome Pack $19.99 Call 800-333-DISH (3474)

I'd suggest you phone and ask if it satisfies a minimum package for a leased 722.

4. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    It does, it's a package not an add on. For instance the Heartland package is an add-on and would not qualify to have on it's own.