1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to Pandora Account - now can't load on HR23 or C31 Client

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Montel, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Montel

Montel Mentor

Jul 20, 2007
    I did some searching and found nothing about how to reset or change the Pandora Login on my boxes - any help here would be appreciated

I had to have Pandora reset my account recently due to someone using my account (on an old TV or some other electronic device). I guess once an electronic device has been logged into Pandora, even if you change the password or details of your account, the device can continue to use Pandora, so an Old DirecTV box, a TV, or DVD player once they are logged in once stay logged to that account forever! I was getting all sorts of crazy stations added to my account, and song likes etc...Pandora changed my password and removed all devices from my account.

Now the Pandora App on my DirecTV boxes doesn't work - it just says loading and then flashes back to the extra's screen.

2. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    Try resetting your units. and loading pandora again.
    if that dosn't work than goto settings-network set up->reset network defaults and try loading again.
    If we can get the pandora to load than we can account log out of it and set up with your new log information, just gotta get there

3. LiQiCE

LiQiCE Mentor

Feb 13, 2006
    Northern...
    You might be able to unplug the network cable and then open Pandora - it might allow you to get an error message to get into the menu so you can logout on your receiver.

4. Montel

Montel Mentor

Jul 20, 2007
    I will try - no luck doing a 'reset everything' or several other standard resets. I have been in touch with Pandora and DirecTV and Pandora gave up, DirecTV wanted to schedule a service call...

Would like to avoid losing my recordings on my Genie HR34 (not a HR23 as I stated in my original title)!