1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes :)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by houskamp, Apr 24, 2008.

1. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Well I finaly broke down and got the new tv :D
    Got a LC-52D92U 52" LCD TV Aquos..
    So the new TV replaced the 37" I had and the 37" went upstairs.. Was a little nervous because the upstairs is wired: 100' RG59 to a 2 way splitter (in attic) then another 25' RG59 to the wall jacks.. The engineering meter I have showed all BUT the 7&8 SWMline channels..
    The good news is it's all in place and working great :) And I LOVE the new set :D

Now we REALLY need MRV :grin:

Attached Files:

2. johnck78

johnck78 Godfather

Feb 18, 2007
    I'll 2nd and 3rd anf 4th and so on, that motion!!

3. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Nice! My father in law has that Aquos and loves it.

And I agree with you on MRV -- as do most here I am sure.

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Very nice SMOKE! I want my em-are-vee too!

5. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007

it's about time you broke down and got a BIGGER Tv :lol: :p .
    L@@Ks very nice , i guess when my new camera arives tomorrow i'll post my new tv and setup as well. :)

6. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Looking good, but I would make sure that 2 way splitter in the attic is a high bandwidth model. If for some reason you lose power and all of the boxes try to reboot at the same time, ther is no guarantee where this particular IRD will end up in the frequency allocation.

Bob

7. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Very Nice...:D

When MRV arrives you'll have to get the MX-810, a MSC-400 and your all set... [​IMG]

Mike

8. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    It is.. I had a dist amp up there, had to go climbing to swap it out.. biggest fear was the rg59..
    By the way I found I have a bat up in the attic when I swapped the splitter :eek2: He was flying laps while I was swapping it..

9. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Looking at the livingroom(?) picture, the big black unit in the corner cabinet. Is that the HT-5520?

I'm thinking about getting a new surround receiver and am interested in what others use and how it intergrates into the HR2x (got a crappy htib).

My friend has the 46" Aquos and it looks fantastic and one of the first things he said was "shoulda got the 52". :lol:

Did the IR database have the codes?

That corner cabinet looks as if it's built in? Only one wire to the new TV...power or HDMI.

Did you (or anyone else for that matter) use a calibration DVD?

Mike

10. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    answers in bold

11. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    You should have netted it and shown it to your family.

Bob

12. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Cat food. :)

13. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    its about time you bought a new camera....lol.......Which one did you get ?

14. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Long night last night :(
    started ce on HR20-700#1 then started HR21-700..
    HR20 finished fine, HR21 got stuck at 40% :( RBRed the Hr21, went upstairs and started HR20-700 #2...
    HR20#2 finished, went and checked HR21.. "searching for sat 1&2" :mad:
    RBRed, no help... redownloaded CE.. same problem..
    Thought about what changed...
    Disconnected line to upstairs (recently moved HR20#2)
    RBRed HR21 again.. came back up fine..
    reconnected upstairs line.. still working :)
    Seems with the upstairs connected the HR21 could not detect the SWM on startup..
    Note: the line has always been hooked up, just nothing on the other end..
    Gonna do some more checking sunday hopefully..

15. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    Good luck Smoke.....

I have been having blank screens on my HR21-100. The HR20-700's have been fine. The screen is actually blank. Not "searching for sat" or even "no signal" as if the TV isnt getting a signal fromm the IRD but blank. You can tell the TV is on but barely. Yesterday I changed out my Ideal splitter and put in the new Aspen splitter along with Wineguard terminators. I dont know if that fixed it or it was the CE download last night but it has behaved perfectly today. I will know more hopefully after a few more days...Has anyone else seen this on the HR21-100 ?

16. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I have had this behavioe before. Unplug the PI when it happens again, if it does. And plug it back in. That worked for me in the past. If it does come up right away. The SWM isn't getting power somehow, or the IRD has lost the channel on the SWM.

17. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    Heh Star Wars is on!

18. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007

Thanks Miami,

I did forget to mention that the problem IRD is the IRD (HR21) where the PI is plugged into. The only thing I do not understand is if the PI isn't getting power then wouldn't all three IRD's lose the broadcast ? I have checked them when the HR21 is having the blank screen and they are working fine and even change channels.

19. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I think it doesn't work like that. All of my other IRD's were working too. It's just that reciever had a blank screen. I would just pull the plug and wait 10 seconds, and plug it in. The reciever would light back up. Its almost as though the channel in the SWM is not getting the signal. I tested that line everyday for a week. It tested with no " LF " (probably low freq.) every time. I canged the line anf moved the PI and it tested perfect. When I put the PI back in to the fold it still tested with no " LF " I finally changed my splitter to a skywalker and its fixed. I still have drop outs but not as frequent. I hope this helps,

D-

20. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    It does help...Thanks