1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Changing account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kevinturcotte, Feb 28, 2013.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    How do I make a MAJOR change to my account now? I call Directv, but they say they are closed. That's unacceptable! They either need to have 24 hour service, or let me make account changes via the website!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What sort of change? You can make some changes to your account and services via the Web site, just not everything.

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I need to temporarily suspend my account.

4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    It always says that as soon as you call, but there are ways around that by just saying "speak to agent" at the prompt eventually they'll answer.

5. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Uh OK, so how DO you get a "live agent" in off-hours for issues like this, when DirecTV (themselves state) NO longer has 24-hour live agent support??? :rolleyes:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1234/~/customer-care-hours-of-operation

(BTW, I HIGHLY doubt suspending an account is considered "technical support"... )

6. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    a tech can suspend the account as well. The issue is that twice a week the systems are down for reporting from approx 1 am - 6 am. That is usually Wednesday and Saturday evenings

7. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    You want to suspend the account in the middle of the night? Can't you wait until 8 am to do so?

Reminds me of the guy praying:
    Lord, give me the gift of patience. And I want it NOW! :D

8. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    They did just recently make some changes to there policy on changing accounts. Our account is in my wife's name and I have been calling in since 2010 with all issues and changes with no problem. Last month we became commitment free and i called in to remove the protection plan and was told by the CSR that i was not allowed to do anything with the account and that my wife would have to call in. She called back in and they told her that only account holders where allowed to make changes to the account. After 3 CSR's we finally got one that said if i was added to the account as having permission to make changes then there would be no issues.

9. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I have called and spoke with someone in the middle of the night before. They do have 24/7 support for Protection Plan members. My experience was that they could not make changes but could assist in troubleshooting overnight. That appears to be the case here as well possibly. Since you called after midnight, its not like you would save another few dollars by reaching them at that exact moment. Putting the account on hold anytime during that day should do the trick.