1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing from Direct TV to Dish in Our RV

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Joe Narby, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joe Narby

Joe Narby New Member

May 8, 2016
    St....
    We have dropped DirectTv after 30 years of service and I am installing Dish in our RV. I purchased a conversion kit from Wineguard for the roof mounted sat dish. Now I have to install two 211z's in our coach. The DirectTv receivers had three threaded cable hookups on each one and the 211z has one HDMI out put coming out of the back. I know that it has to go to the splitter box but I believe it also has the threaded couplings not an HDMI input. Is there a way to make these receivers work in our unit?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    "30" years of service?

3. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Exactly what do you have for equipment, what are you trying to connect to?

4. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    If you want a coax RF output to connect to your TV or switch box, because they don't support HDMI, you'll need to add a component level modulator that outputs an RF signal on channel 3 or 4. Walmart, Amazon, etc, have them for less then $20 usually. If you want to connect your OTA antenna to the 211z, you'll need a Dish USB OTA adapter available on Amazon, eBay, etc. Then, if you want limited DVR capability, you can also add an external USB hard drive and have Dish activate it for a one time fee. The 211K model that preceded the 211z had all but the EHD built in.

5. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Composite connections not component connections

6. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Yep! My 73 year old memory must have dropped a few more cells when I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the correction! :grin: