1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Channel 101 annoyance

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Lammo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Lammo

Lammo Cool Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Spokane,...
    New odd behavior from my 522. Whenever I watch a program recorded on my 522 and stop the program, the 522 sets itself to Channel 101. Example: I was watching the Military Channel, 195, switched to watch This Old House recorded from my local PBS station, 7, finished watching TOH, stopped it and the 522 was set to 101. In the past it has always returned to whatever channel it was on prior to watching a recording. What the heck is going on and how do I kill this? I never watch anything on 101.

2. Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy Legend

Sep 27, 2007
    The Military Channel, 195 is on free preview this month.

Usually, when when you watch a recording and finish watching it, it will go to channel 101 if the previous channel you had it on before you started watching the DVR recording is a free preview channel.

At least for me anyways.

3. Lammo

Lammo Cool Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Spokane,...
    Looks like you're right. Just tried it going from Fox News to a recording and back and it stayed on Fox News. Thanks!