1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Channel 212 Blaze TV ?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by James Long, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A new channel (not available) is filling the slot vacated by NASA's move to 286. Blaze TV.

Or at least that is what the Uplink Report shows ... "BLAZE" testing on channel 212.

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
  3. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
  4. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    That would be awesome if that is a new channel.

5. levibluewa

levibluewa Icon

Aug 13, 2005
    WA, OR, CA
    I'd prefer the real thing...reruns of Loony Tunes!

6. jpeckinp

jpeckinp Legend

Nov 5, 2006
    +1,000,000,000

7. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    This is a joke, right?

Might as well put another "earth channel" there.

8. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Kinda sounds like "The Re-education Channel"

9. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  10. pfred

pfred Mentor

Feb 8, 2009
    I hope Beck is paying a lot of money for Dish to carry it.

11. nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
    I'd arther have BBC World, Al Jazeera, CSPAN3, CNN International, as aooposed to a 24 hour talk channel. Not that I am against a 24 hour Glenn Beck channel, but if the ideas is to provide news in the 200 - 215 range; there are other much better alterternatives.

12. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    A Glenn Beck channel???? $9.95 a month on line???? Presumably it will be a la carte? Oh well....

13. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    BBC world would be ok.

Sorry, I wouldn't consider what he spouts "news".

Used to be good for a laugh, now it's just boring.:nono2:

14. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I'm not seeing 212 at all, or am I suppose to? GBTV? Even FoxNews got rid of him......!pride

15. pfred

pfred Mentor

Feb 8, 2009
    I wonder if Beck realizes he is one letter away from GLBTV !

16. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not yet ... the channel is testing. I would consider it a serious test since NASA was pushed out of the way.

17. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    CORRECTION: FOX News did NOT get rid of Glenn Beck! He left on his own so he could do his own thing without network middlemen "filtering" his program.

Love him or hate him, he has a right to say what he wants. We still have free speech in the USA. Without someone pushing the envelope (on both sides) we risk losing that right.

BTW: Dish is one of his sponsors so it's a good guess that it is Glenn's network in testing.

18. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    By leaving FoxNews GB could have lost 90% of his viewers, a guess....but I do not know one person in my area who would pay to see his interviews and rants with the likes of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann...of course I live in California....the other America the right hates.
    The guy made millions at Fox and toured with O'Reilly (pasted tense). He left NY for the friendly confines of Texas.....I believe he took a huge pay cut by... leaving.....? and in an election cycle he could be relegated to the scape heap of "has beens" and whack jobs.
    I know politics is disallowed here but it is a media thing...kind of, sorry.

19. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Glenn Bleck?????? ONG!

20. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    The right does not hate anyone. It's the other side that wants everyone to believe that is the case (just watch MSNBC for 5 minutes and you will see for yourself).

If Ch 212 is indeed THE Blase TV then you can see for yourself that nothing but love for fellow man is promoted. Glenn just had a large conference in Dallas over the summer where thousands of people got involved in service projects to feed the hungry and do other deeds of kindness (like construction projects similar to Habitat For Humanity). They never ask who you voted for when they show their charity. BTW: Glenn is not a Republican, he is a Libertarian.

There are some who would rather watch BBC World than any of the U.S. based news channels since many consider all the U.S. based networks (including both FNC and MSNBC) of being "controlled" by whoever (The Government or some other think tank/conspiracy theory group) . The Blase TV is not controlled by anyone other than Glenn and his staff. That is why many hate him, because he can't be controlled.

BTW: I would not worry about his pay being cut. For Glenn it's not about the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.