DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Channel 95

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Sah 
#1 ·
I spent an hour on the phone with a rep and couldn't get a straight answer why I had a code 727 on channel 95 tonight. Guide says Red Sox vs. Devil Rays. I get it on 623 (one of my RSNs) in SD, but not on 95 in HD.

Every night the Yankees are on YES-HD, the game is on channel 95 AND 622 in HD.

I blew a hole in every half-assed "theory" they threw at me. Theories are what they are, because what I was told has no basis in fact. I just want to beat my head against the wall for an hour, but I've already done that. I burst out laughing when asked "Have I addressed your concerns tonight?" at the end of the call. The rep laughed too.

#2 ·
AreBee said:
I spent an hour on the phone with a rep and couldn't get a straight answer why I had a code 727 on channel 95 tonight. Guide says Red Sox vs. Devil Rays. I get it on 623 (one of my RSNs) in SD, but not on 95 in HD.

I blew a hole in every half-assed "theory" they threw at me. Theories are what they are, because what I was told has no basis in fact. I just want to beat my head against the wall for an hour, but I've already done that. I burst out laughing when asked "Have I addressed your concerns tonight?" at the end of the call. The rep laughed too.
I am in the same boat you are, AreBee. I think their reasoning for blacking out the NESN hd ei games in CT, even though we get NESN in sd, is that we don't get the hd feed normally, because we aren't in the Boston dma. Therefore, we are "out of the market". I know it is stupid that they do it, but there is apparently nothing that can be done about it until the new sats are up and we get NESN hd normally.

#3 ·
It's convoluted. Basically, you are in NESN territory, and the EI Superfan games on 94/95 are part of an "out of market" package ... so you're getting blacked out as an "in market" subscriber. No big deal for those who are getting NESN-HD via DirectTV, but for those like you it's frustrating. IMHO, D* should turn the NESN-HD games on 94/95 for all those in NESN territory who can't yet get the HD version. Don't know why they haven't done that.

Shouldn't be an issue for much longer. at any rate.

AreBee said:

#4 ·
raoul5788 said:
I am in the same boat you are, AreBee. I think their reasoning for blacking out the NESN hd ei games in CT, even though we get NESN in sd, is that we don't get the hd feed normally, because we aren't in the Boston dma. Therefore, we are "out of the market". I know it is stupid that they do it, but there is apparently nothing that can be done about it until the new sats are up and we get NESN hd normally.
I go thru the same thing with the Detroit RSN, trying to get HD, the SD comes in fine, but they won't allow the HD channel due to zip code restrictions.
Just because the new sats go up, does that mean the zip code areas will change ?

Jimbo

#6 ·
raoul5788 said:
We're in the Boston suburbs and are never able to watch the HD games on channels 94/95 since signing up for MLB Extra Innings - nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.