1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel 9900

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by genegraham, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genegraham

genegraham New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Hi,

I'm new to Dish and the 622, and was wondering if anybody could tell me why my system seems to turn on tuned to channel 9900 (What's On Dish 500?). Aside from the fact that I detest smooth jazz, I find it kind of annoying.

Is there something wrong with my setup that might cause this?

Thanks!
    Gene

2. wje

wje Godfather DBSTalk Club

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    The 622 (or, at least, mine) turns on tuned to the last channel it was on. That isn't necessarily the last one you left it on, if it switched channels to make a recording.

Do you control your 622 with a non-622 programmable remote? If so, be sure it isn't sending a change-channel as part of turnon.

Do you completely shut down the 622? Not standby, but turning off the power externally? If so, I don't know what the startup channel is, could be 9900. BTW, if you do this, don't. You'll miss nightly updates unless the 622 is in standby with the power connected.

That's about all I can think of, unless you have a dog and it likes bad Jazz.:)

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    I believe that is the default channel for a new install/activation and it may default to that channel after a hard reboot? Also, I think it will default to that channel if the previous channel you were on is no longer available. Other than that it should default to the last channel you were on. Even if you do a front panel reboot it remembers the channel you were on and goes back to it after the reboot.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Now _that's_ funny!

5. genegraham

genegraham New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    I do have a dog. While I can't speak for her feelings about Kenny G, I have seen her sniffing around the new remote!

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.