1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel Banner Appears by itself

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rob37, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Just now while watching Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN 2 Mets at Nationals My Screen went Black about 3 seconds and then the Channel Banner appeared at the top of the screen without me pressing or doing anything with the remote control. My Weather here is fine also. This ever happen to anyone? It has also been happening more than just this one time. In fact it has been doing it ever since updates and also scoreguide does not always pop up at the bottom right hand side of the screen every time when changing channels to Sports Channels. As i stated the top of the screen channel banner has been doing this about a week now. It does not do it often but it is doing it without me doing anything with the remote control.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What model Receiver/DVR do you have?

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    If the screen is going black first, it sounds like for whatever reason the receiver is maybe losing then reacquiring the channel as though you had tuned to it from another, thus temporarily bringing down the CB as with any other channel change.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I am seeing lots of posts about the scoreguide problems. My receivers are doing the same thing. Sometimes it is there, sometimes not.

For the picture problem:
    Try unplugging and then reconnecting the HDMI cable. It is possible that you do not have a good connection.

You might also try a reset of the receiver.
    Menu, Settings, Reset, Choose the "Restart Receiver"
    This will take 6 to 12 minutes for it to go thru all it's checks, etc.. just like a PC does.