1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel line up cards

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FastNOC, Oct 15, 2010.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    This is frustrating.

A few years ago I found a card on Dish's website that had a raw card that shows their entire channel lineup by number. it didn't separate the channel listing by type of service.

I haven't been able to find this since then, and the only thing I see now are ridiculous cards that I have to look trhough multiple pages if I don't know what package a channel comes with. it's insane that dish doesn't provide a simple numbered channel list. So i think i'm just not seeing where it is. Could someone help me out here? even if it's someone else that's made one. I have a slide out board in my desk that I use to tape the guide to. But I don't want 4 pages of garbage when a single simple list will do.

help!!

2. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
  3. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
  4. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    The zapit one is long, but the 1st one that goes to Dish, is just 2 pages, and breaks it down by package. Not sure how to get it less than 2 pages, with any kind of breakdown. Maybe duplex printing?

5. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    Ahh, I didn't even see the second link. thanks!

that's too high though. Don't know how to explain. I did find a solution though that might be helpful for anyone else.

all I waned was a straight list, but copying/pasting these together seems to be exactly what I need, and I can sort by whatever column I want (using excel).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dish_Network_channels_in_the_United_States

thanks for the help grumpy!

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Doesn't somebody here keep a spreadsheet of active channels? I could swear I've seen one.

7. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    If so I'd love to see it. this one on wikipedia requires substantial editing to be useful

8. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Why not create one yourself?

9. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    mostly because I don't know the latest greatest info and I'm quite sure someone here knows the latest up2date channel listing.

10. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    James long has a link to the lineup in his signature and so do I.

11. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    i didn't look at James, but I did see yours. those are images, not lists and they don't show channel numbers. They show HD content, and don't include sd. so i'm not sure how that would apply

the whole point is so I can have one list, with two columns. channel, and station. So if I could find a complete list, already developed, I could edit the html (if it were a web page which is most likely) or a spreadsheet, and keep only the data I want. I THINK i have what I need edited from the wiki. I'm still working on it.

Heck if anyone's interested I'll upload it and they can have it. i'm sure I'm not the only one that wants this.

the link in your signature is great for a comparison chart though, and I've bookmarked it. thanks for that work!

12. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    ok i got unlazy and just did it myself.

This isn't for everyone. I cut out a lot of stuff I don't care about. sports channels, many shopping channels, etc.

[​IMG]

It's customized so i doubt anyone wants it, but if so i can upload it.

For my own use, I made it a table in excel so it's sortable however you want.

13. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    For me, I'd like to see:

Ch # .... Ch Name .... Genre .... Distributor .... HD/SD .... Pkg (eg AT200)

Not necessarily in that column order, but each column should be sortable.

Also a way to see which channels are included on one provider, but not the other. On the Dish list you might see the Bumpy Channel (made up name) showing as N/A while it would have all the columns populated on the Direct list if they carry it.

Text only, no graphics or logos.

14. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    i knew I shouldn't have started this because I go way overboard on these types of things. lol.

I could make a list like that for you. Maybe I should do these in HTML, so people can just use a link. i could use javascript so you could sort however you wanted.

hmmm...

I'll have to look SayWhat and see if there's a list that shows Genre, I don't know of one. but if you see one I'll work it out.