1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Channel logos

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vfviola, May 9, 2013.

1. vfviola

vfviola AllStar

Jul 18, 2009
    I recently ordered and connected a Genie HR34-700. It received the 0x67e software update soon after the connection. I have reset a couple of times and am now curious if the logos are not on the Genie. I'm looking for the recently launched hd feeds that are missing logos. Will they soon updated on their own?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Logos are not part of the software. They are images that get downloaded separately that no one seems to know how to generate when they go missing.

3. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Isn't it possible that having 'reset a couple of times' that the logos just need to re-download?

My understanding is on most of D*'s DVRs when you reset them more than once in a span of 30 minutes it wipes out a lot of stuff that needs to be re-downloaded, like logos, guide data and such.

It can take as long as 48 hours to re-populate.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    You're part right. Rebooting the unit twice within a 30 minute time frame does flush the guide data. The channel logos however are not in the guide data. They are part of a "supplemental download" and there is no way to force it.

Also, the OP mentions that he's looking for logos on the channels that recently launched HD feeds. They may not have logos yet. New channels don't have a logo from day 1, or sometimes even day 30.

5. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    ^^^

Thanks for clarifying...... :righton: