1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Channel mixiup

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DirectFeed, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DirectFeed

DirectFeed Cool Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Wow.

I am watching channel 311 Max W.

It is actually HBO W. #303 programing.

Weird but true.

I do not subscribe to HBO

2. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Same here. Guide for Max-wHD shows "Be kind rewind", but i am watching "Meet the parents", which is what the guide for HBO-w has.
    Not sure if i am getting HBO-wHD, or if the max info is wrong.
    Will have to see if a logo comes on screen.

3. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Have you reported it?

4. HDRoberts

HDRoberts Godfather

Dec 11, 2007
    Not at home, so I can't check myself. But is this SD or HD (or both)? If HD, from 61.5 or 129?

Ciel-2 just got to 129, and with a different TP arraignment, some things may get messed up in the shuffle as they get ready to make the switch. At least that's the only good theory I've got.

5. DirectFeed

DirectFeed Cool Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Not reported, no big deal just interesting.

Just checked and SD max on #311 is correct according to program guide, sat #119, transponder#17

Screw up on HD only sat #61.5 transponder #16

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I caught the beginning and it is HBO, it is also on the HD feeds as well.

7. AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie Icon

Jul 27, 2004
    I wonder if this might be related to the channel content switching issues I been noticing? I’ve now had several instances of HBO (HD-300) momentarily switching to HBO2E’s (HD-301) content. Usually it lasts less than a second then switches back. I was just chalking it up to yet another weirdness in the L6.16 release but maybe there’s a little more to it than that… :confused:

8. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    At about 12:45pm it was straight again as i walked in the room and the end of "Be kind rewind" was on like it should have been.
    I dont get 61.5 so mine was Max-wHD on Sat 129