1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel Update This Morning

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by mrsoybot, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mrsoybot

mrsoybot Cool Member

Dec 3, 2006
    My Sirius Sportster did a channel update this morning, any idea what the change was? Also, an oddity I noticed. I have an XM antenna in my car, and the unit, after powering up with full signal, after 4 seconds, goes to channel update, and then reports "antenna not detected". I gave up after 3-4 tries. When I got to work and plugged in to my boombox (with Sirius Antenna), it worked fine (after updating the channels). Odd?

2. Hardin Thicke

Hardin Thicke AllStar

Jun 18, 2008
    Yes, I noticed it too on my Sirius Sportster; probably around 6:15AM EDT. I'm not sure what the update was, but my XM radio updated yesterday also. I came out from work, and it was stting on channel 1.

3. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I just turned on my Sirius S50 and it also did an update.

4. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
  5. ddrumman2004

ddrumman2004 Legend

Mar 28, 2007
    The Sirius unit in my truck updated twice in as many days this past weekend and the second time it updated, I lost all my presets.

6. Gary*W*

Gary*W* Legend

Sep 19, 2007
    My Sirius one updated this morning as well. No trouble after update, all presets worked.

Even though I have both XM & Sirius I'm stoked to get the NHL on Sirius. Now I won't have to switch radios to listen to games.

7. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Just called to get best of Sirius activated on my XM. Stoked here as well.

8. the_batman

the_batman AllStar

Sep 20, 2007

No college SEC listed on the XM sports package for Sirius? Is this a typo?

9. joebbaseball

joebbaseball Legend

Aug 25, 2005
    I know I am a bit biased being a baseball fan, but one of the things that xm had that was huge is baseball. Now no baseball channels on sirius? When I called they said it was because of the xm-mlb contract? Not sure why or how this is the case. Would be nice to get some of the sirius music channels on xm as xm music is brutal.
    Joe

10. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I'm sure Howard is loving O&A on Sirius. I'm not seeing anything on the XM web site

11. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    The order info is there on the XM website but its hidden for some reason. Hit the "shop" option at the top and it's there.

12. Talos4

Talos4 Legend

Jun 21, 2007
    My PNP has been updating for the past two weeks, Once or twice a week.

Just yesterday it updated twice on the way into work. and that's only twenty minutes.

The XACT in my office hasn't updated once and it's on 8-10 hrs a day.

13. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002

i did this yesterday as well i called once someone said we dont have siirus channels so i called agian and i orderd it i have not even begun listening to nfl radio im loving howard 100 though