1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Channel will not stay in Favorite list

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by kijanajay, Jul 15, 2013.

1. kijanajay

kijanajay New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Hopper/Sling problem with Local Ch. CBS feed will not stay in saved favorite list. when added and saved when you go to the actual guide it is not listed.?????????

2. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Old news. They all do it. Dish dosent care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]I know this can be upsetting and I am happy to assist. When you added it back, will it stay in after a few minutes? Will it not be there the next morning?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks [/SIZE]

4. kijanajay

kijanajay New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    sometimes it will stay for 1 day and sometimes not even an hour, varies, but it is just that channel that has the problem cbs local feed.

5. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks for that information; would you please provide me the phone number on the account in a PM? I will submit a trouble report with the information you have provided me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

6. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Trouble report?? People have been talking about this problem since the hopper came out. Suddenly a trouble report? I cant add channel 23 at all. It never remembers it.

1 person likes this.
  7. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    Like Saberfly says this problem has existed since the H/J introduction. My Hoppers seem to hold local channels better but the Joeys still drop them. I got tired of reporting this to DIRT, Dish CSR, and Dish chat. Hopefully they'll fix it some day.

8. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yep a very old issue that has yet to be resolved.

9. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    This is a known product issue that will be fixed in a future software update. The only work around available at this time is adding the channel back to the list. Thanks.

10. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I tried adding HBO-W HD to my 'movies' list at least 5 times yesterday. Once by itself, then with varying amounts of adds and deletes and it wouldn't show up at all, not even for a moment.

11. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Theres been at least 5 software updates. Sounds like a line of bull to me. My 722 never lost a channel once.

12. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Not all issues are addressed with the next immediate software update. Some issues are more extensive with the coding required for the resolution. Thanks.

13. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Two years after release is not "the next immediate software update". Thanks.

14. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Can you add 2 channels to the list and then go back and edit to remove the one you didn't want in the list?

15. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    One thing that does work is to just delete all and re-select your list. It takes a few minutes, but does give you a stable list.

16. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I had that issue for 2 years... I deleted about 10 channels and added 6 back. Seems to be stable now (at least a whole week!). Seems at something around 50-55 channels it starts losing its mind.

17. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I just added 2 at once, ones that never stay, and since the software update they have stayed over night. They have never stayed overnight. Hopeful.

18. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Must have jinxed myself. Just lost channel 26.

19. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I have all my locals on a favorites list and they never move. I do not know why some people are having problems with this. I also have about 4 other favorite lists.

20. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Thats what mine is losing. Locals.