1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channels listed twice in Guide HD/non-HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tafkatram, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tafkatram

tafkatram New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    When I go to my guide some channels appear twice, for example MTV will show MTV HD and MTV (non-HD). Channel number appears the same for both channels (331 in this case).

This happens for all my HD channels, and whenever I switch to one of the channels (not directly by choosing it from the guide, but by punching in 331 for example while on another channel) will take me to MTV, the screen flickers for a second, and settles on HD.

How can I remove this so all channels are only listed once?

2. mattgwyther

mattgwyther New Member

May 22, 2007
    You need to "Hide SD Duplicates"

MENU / SETUP / DISPLAY then select "Hide SD Duplicates

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    On your remote hit MENU, the PARENTAL, FAV's & SETUP, SYSTEM SETUP, DISPLAY and finally PREFERENCES, there's an option GUIDE HD CHANNELS, select HIDE SD CHANNELS, that will hide the SD verisons. I also recommend Scrolling Effect - Off and GUIDE shows Gird Guide First options.

4. djwww98

djwww98 Godfather

Jan 11, 2006
    Since you brought it up... I checked mine out; scrolling effect was on. I turned it off, but don't see a difference in how the guide looks. What does this do? Why do you recommend it off?

5. tafkatram

tafkatram New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Thanks guys

6. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    When you scroll up/down in the guide this just displays the new page all at once. With scroll on the guide scrolls which most folks say is slower then having scroll off.

7. djwww98

djwww98 Godfather

Jan 11, 2006
    Strange. That's pretty much what I expected, but my scrolling continues as if it was on even after I toggle it off. I've tried it both ways several times now and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does the unit need to be rebooted before the change takes effect? (HR20)

8. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Nope, a reboot isn't necessary but if it's not changing it might be worth it.

9. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    It does affect the up/down arrows. It only affects when you jump by a page when you use the up/down channel button while in the guide. It was not clear which you were using.